Like the straw that broke the camel’s back, it is often the little things that get to us. In my case, it was a tube of sunscreen. Here’s the story.
Over spring break, I took my daugher and two nieces for a two-day visit to Disneyland and California Adventures. I gladly paid the $49 entrance fee for each of us. I gladly paid $39 for pizza lunch for four. I gladly paid $2.50 for water whenever we got thirsty. But when they wanted $10 for a teeny, weeny bottle of sunscreen, I gladly burned instead. In retrospect, it wasn’t necessarily a healthy decision, but it was where I drew the line.
The girls, by the way, had put their sunscreen on in the car, so they were not at risk. In fact, I’m quite sure if it had been for the girls, I would have bought that tiny tube of $10 sunscreen. But at some point, I just needed to dig my heels in. My shoulders and the back of my neck are burned.
How was your spring break?